Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Generation XXL

 
I have found my calling - childhood nutrition.  I cant help but worry about the children I see around and in particular my brother and sister; both of which have terrible diets.  I baby sit for children with fantastic diets and I love watching them thrive more each time I see them.  Watch this if you have a spare 45 mins.


Childhood nutrition is EXTREMALLY important.  There is a seven year old kid in the documentary above that weighs 5 kilos less than me and that truely shocks me!  How can parents do this to their children?  "Eat whatever makes you happy"  says one of the mothers to her obese daughter.  Her daughters body weight is 39% fat.  A healthy child of her age should have 15% body fat and anything past 24% is considered almost obese!!!!!!!!!

I'll add more to this blog later and go into more depth about childhood nutrition but for now just watch the link if you are interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment