Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Monday, May 30, 2011

The conscious mind


What makes something non existent because clearly its absence is merely not enough proof of its inability to exist?  Prior to the "existence", or more the idea of something, does this mean that it did not exist?  Perhaps as a concept it did not YET exist not but as a possibility, it did.  This explains one of my past primary flaws - the belief that just because something wasn't visible to me, it didn't mean it wasn't there.  Of course since, I have realised that this theory may apply to a vast majority of things in life but I have managed to find an absolute exception; the human that barely seems conscious of their consciousness.

The present and future thoughts, opinions and sense of self that one forms is based upon and is only made relevant by their exposure to a number of factors - most importantly their environment, events, co-inhabitants within the environment, the knowledge in which they have or seek and the connections between all of these factors that one can make and understand.  In one way or another, there is always a choice to expand on wider knowledge and to form an acceptance of new things and new concepts that may exist to you, the individual.  However what is most upsetting is that a huge proportion of human beings merely expand in ways in which they are told, only to be exposed to certain sources of information which may or may not be valid or alternatively, may or may not be the only perspective.  No one thing has an absolute perspective but still I find people flocking to agree on one without any deeper thought to it, somehow allowing an idea other than the suggested, to bipass any real assessment by logic or other things.  A brain on autopilot is one that is very misused.

All this babble brings me back to my primary statement - that I once refused to believe that such things really happen, that an "autopilot" brain exists.  Clearly they do as each day I pass hundreds of people who's likenesses correlate in more ways than one.  However I still believed that the majority of these people had traits and beliefs driven by their own longing to be somewhat individual.  I know realise I was very mistaken.  Contrary to my previous belief (that people have some deep and meaningful aura with an extreme sense of purpose hidden somewhere deep within), I have now realised that many do not.  There are those that are only interested in something if it proves itself to be "popular" and sadly, what is popular is not always arguably valid, nor interesting in any way shape or form.

I guess what I'm trying express is that I feel a sense of relief and gratitude that I finally realised - ordinary does exist.  The most unfortunate thing about the time and space in which I occupy is sharing it with a vast majority of conscious inhabitants that hardly seem conscious of their consciousness.


0 comments:

Post a Comment