Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Friday, July 09, 2010

Ink: Forever is not a very long time


So I did it and if I end up hating it by the time in 35 or it goes into a wrinkly blob one day then so be it.  Things change so fast, we don't live long so why not?  Why the words you say... well here goes my explaining.

The quote comes from Shakespeare's play "King Henry the VIII".  Its meaning is to be strong, be fair and do not be afraid of what life throws.  Obviously that is a shallow summary. 

I started getting into Shakespeare's poetry and plays when I was in year 9.  At that point I wanted to be a writer and he facinated me to the point where I would sit and analyse a piece for ages and try to somehow soak in all its beauty and the feelings in which he was describing as an expression of himself or something else.  You also may or may not know that my name is in fact Shakespearian:

Miranda was created by Shakespeare for his play "The Tempest" from the feminine form of the Latin gerundive 'mirandus' (admirable, lovely), from the verb 'mirari' (to wonder at, to admire). This gives the meaning "she who must be admired".

"Be just and fear not" is the type of quote that I find an easy reassurance to any terrible situation.  It is somehow always significant and there is strength, wisdom and compassion in its wording. 

So there you go.  It may seem like just words to you and it may even seem like just words to me in 10 or 20 years but who cares.  Live without regrets.  I know its there forever but after all- forever is NOT a very long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment