Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Friday, July 22, 2011

The pill

So for 50 years women have had the joy of oral contraception, regulated hormones and menstrual cycles but I've come to become skeptical of "the pill".

So my nutrition studies strike again!  At uni we looked at how the pill reduces vitamin B absorption which is essential for the production of brain chemicals such as neurotransmitters.  It's fucked that they don't tell you this when you're prescribed it.  Do doctors even really know?  As well as this, muscle tone/density is significantly reduced in women on the pill and moods are far more regulated in those whom are not.

I decided to stop taking the pill, purely for personal interest's sake.  For three months I was off it and I had never felt better.  My body started toning up so much more than usual, even with the same amount or less exercise.  I was happy all the time, my moods were regulated and I seriously felt like I came out of a crazy coma.  For those of you who don't know I was on the pill for 7 years and had never experienced time without it over that time.  I highly recommend the experience to anyone who is skeptical.



So here's the other side of the story - care must be taken when coming off the pill.  Obviously sexual care and monitoring of periods etc. are important.  Sadly I am now back on the pill for some personal reasons but as soon as possible I will come straight back off for good.  Yeah its nice not using condoms and such but nothing is worth the control.


0 comments:

Post a Comment