Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Break it down.

An injection of passion and inspiration is always a beautiful thing.  When I feel like that I know something in me has changed, even just a little bit.  Once again my Wednesday morning ranting shall begin.

In my class this morning we weighed, prepared, cooked, assembled foods; calculating what we ourselves would eat in comparison to RDI (recommended daily intakes).  Breaking food down like that makes you really see it for what it is - a fuel source.  You're adding a certain amount of something with a certain percentage of fat/protein etc and with certain vitamins to a certain quantity of another thing and in the end a portion of that final quantity goes inside your body.  That food then breaks down and there is a certain concentration of it circulating in you blood stream, just as a certain concentration will be stored and some extreted.  I love eating and that will never change but seriously think about each little component of the food you eat and what its worth to your body.  Cook your own stuff, use fresh ingredients and use plenty of fruit and veggies!

Currently on ABC radio the director of Food Inc, a new movie out currently showing at Luna palace cinemas.  I am yet to watch it but I am looking forward to it and shall no doubt blog about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment