Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Buy me a muscle car!







I'm told that usually girls are rarely associated with cars unless they are spread out naked across the bonnet but I guess I'm a little different.  Its not so odd for a female to love shows like Top Gear and Fifth Gear (who could resist James May, Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson) but to watch it for the cars apparently is.  I asked a friend once what car she had and my reply was "a yellow one".  This was not the answer I was looking for.  Another time I changed the car tire of a stranded BMW driving uni student.  Sure cars wreck the environment and are mearly machines but they have character, they have sentimental value and they are powerful beasts waiting to be driven by either your average Joe or motor enthusiast. 

Personally I love my muscle cars.  Rice burners just dont cut it for me.  Sure if I had the skills to race something powerful I'd choose something Japanese but my dream vehicle would definintely be a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500.  Driving one of those would make my heart beat a million miles a minute and make my palms sweaty.  I'd do anything just to be able to drive as fast as I can in a powerful beast; listening to her roar and being filled with adrenoline.  Dreams will be dreams but one day perhaps...

Tonight I watched "Love the Beast", a documentary about Eric Bana's dream machine, the absolute love of his life - an old Ford Falcon Coupe.  I must say that I was a little disappointed with the documentary as I was hoping it explored more than just the one car but it was simply about his obsession with this one beautiful beast.  Its kind of funny how humans can love something so much that they completely personalise it and it becomes part of them and their identity.  Sadly I did get over it a bit and watched Bana more than the car.

Anyhoo if you've read this blog entry to here - WELL DONE.  I shall conclude by sharing a few of my most favourite cars:

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500: My ULTIMATE dream



1987 Porsche Carrera 911: Love porches, old or new.
Aston Martin

Audi RS4
VW Golf
Pontiac Firebird
Corvette
Dodge Viper
Mini/Moris minor
Oh there are millions.






2 comments:

Jolandi Kerstetter said...

Chevy Chevelle is my dream muscle car. My dad owns one and you can feel its power through your bones. I love Aston Martins too, especially the DB9, which is James Bond's car of choice. That's my ultimate dream car.

Maria Wegner said...

I love the Ford Mustang Shelby. I've actually watched this car in a movie entitled, "Gone in 50 seconds.” The cast was led by Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie. Well, the way its exterior was built to match the revving power of its engine is just perfect. It also shows how powerful yet light the handle can be when you’re cruising down the highway.

Post a Comment