Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Monday, January 04, 2010

Scences from a memory.

I was cleaning my room and pulled out my old photography portfolio filled with black and white photographs, screwed up scraps and digitally manipulated images.  The power of vision - I would most certainly rather be deaf than blind.  Yes I could ever hear music or the voices of those I love but I could see the world's beauty and that truly takes my breath away more than anything else.  Each photograph, a memory; a portrayl of the past which is continuous.  Images have so much power over my soul.  I decided that from the moment I set eyes on the first image that I would get back into photography.

Whilst speaking of the impact of visual stimuli on the human brain I shall add that I saw Avatar last night.  Cliche story as many of you will know and have heard but the visuals and design principles were very well done.  I wasnt as phased with the 3D factor as I was with the scenes of the forest.  Whoever created such animated beauty is absolutely amazing!  The whole "deeper message" behind the plot was to make humans aware of the damage that they are doing to the world's beauty in reality and it certainly did that for me (even though I feel very strongly about nature).  Go green people because nature is the most amazing and beautiful thing that will ever exist.  Nothing could free our souls more and put us more at peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment