Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Sunday, September 11, 2011

First world problems



How infatuated we are with our lives that are so insignificant in the scope of the universe.
And who can blame us really - we are consciously or subconsciously government by context, by all these social and cultural 'norms' that exist around us.  A characteristic of human beings is that we can easily adapt, but this is generally in response to a change in physical environmental state - changes in weather, people etc.  How easily we can break like glass when placed in new extreme and contrasting contexts, unlike those we are so comfortably adapted to.  It is worrying really, the mentality of our first world minds with our first world problems and how breakable we would be if faced with something so unthinkable.  But we are what we are and we are like this because we are here, in this place, in this time.

Its funny really, despite how dramatically I can sometimes react to first world problems it always brings a smile to my face when I know I can appreciate little things to a strong degree; when I feel like something so small has really impacted me.  Right now I feel simply blissful.  And it feels like such a big deal.  It feels like just when you begin to adapt to something, to really truly live your life with and around something; new variables come in to play...

Now you may not really know it yet but this is so platonic for me.  
You text me just to say good night and good morning...
You brush my hair out of my face when it gets in my eyes...
You smile at me with this extreme content that ricochets through me...
Now... you may not know it but, you have been the best adaption so far.
And this appreciation for little things is so fulfilling because..
Well, I guess they don't really seem like little things to me.
And that's the best part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment