Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Work your way up...




There is this weird thing about 'life stages', when you can look back and reflect on a former self.  It's like you're tailoring yourself to be exactly who you wish to be and I think many are under the false impression that they adolescent or 20-something-year-old self is the end product.  This is naïve thought indeed and one which I have probably had myself.  You build those ‘future selves’, and you become one of them every day.  And there will be sure signs of this personal growth along the way.  For me its like…when being drunk seems like a waste of money and your thoughts make you temporarily high.  You meet an asshole, you realise THEY’RE an asshole, you realise YOU’RE an asshole, you fix it and then you move on.

If I have learnt one thing, it’s that I want the me tomorrow to be version 9348.1, if today I’m version 9348.0.  Who says that change has to be rapid…if it is, you might appear nuts.  So it's time to roll with it; just self improve and disregard what other people think.  All it takes is a second of confidence, some positivity and self-belief. Presto!

0 comments:

Post a Comment