Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beware of 'happiness haters'.


Of course you’ll have haters if you’re happy.


Someone once aimed an insult at me that went something like "you're stupid because everything inside your head is like rainbows and candy".  The thing I wanted to ask was "and so why is yours not filled with similar things?".  I will admit that at times, my overwhelming happiness may give off the impression that I’m a little coo-coo in the head, but what gives someone the right to give an ‘insult’ like that?  It really makes me pity them.  I am well aware that the world is not made of party pies, warm sunny days and ice cream with cherries on top, but is it such a crime to be optimistic and content with little (and big) things?  Positive thinking isn’t a sign that you’re crazy or have something wrong in your life that you’re trying to counteract with your mind.  But if you are, then it shows strength- well I think so anyway.

Some people have the hardest of lives; harder than I could ever imagine… although some fall victim to the idea that their life is so tedious and see the contented as demented lunatics when we are staring right back at them with the same assumptions.

I will learn the hard way - wearing your happiness on your sleeve makes you seem vulnerable to those who can't find it for themselves.  Believe me, I know that at the best of times, optimism can be challenging but I find that certain souls carry this negative ‘aura’ because they need to have something to complain about.  And these are the people that want to drag you down and make every attempt to suck the air from your lungs and the warmth from your smile.  When they don’t spawn discontent, it is all a matter of trying harder.  Of course these tactics may give them absolute success, but they are only eased until they can prey on another for their next quick fix.

I will always reach out to drowning souls, but those who drown in themselves will slowly suffocate from their own warped perceptions, malicious nature and absolute insanity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment