Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Rant #239802

How are people so concerned with praising a sacred "higher power" that they forget that they themselves are sacred?  So is the word 'faith' trust and belief without necessary proof?  Is there really any logic in that at all?  Was science and medicine just so undeveloped when the whole idea of religion came about that absolutely nothing seemed ridiculous?  I mean if diseases could make people ill "out of the blue" (obviously reasons were not yet known) and there were few answers to many of life's questions wouldn't it be easy to believe in something that has not been proved?  Clouds can be seen in the sky but do we need proof as to how they got there?  Because people didn't originally understand these things, did that make their minds vulnerable?  I believe so.

So why has religion not died out yet?  Why are humans happy to place their whole livelihood and trust in a non-existing being/set of beings?  It actually blows my mind.  But what to I know?  And what use is it?  Will religion ever be disproved more than it already has been?  And by religion, I am particularly referring to Western religions like Christianity.  To me, scientology and christianity are on par when it comes to bogus ideas but why are people so dumbfounded by 'wizardology' and all that but a guy in the sky creating the world is totally legit?  I hope that before I die I can meet a religious person who can give me some awesome arguments.  I would actually like to hear some, legitimately!

0 comments:

Post a Comment